A sweet simple craft, designed to teach useful concepts and create an item that will be loved and played with for a long time. These Sweater Friends Peg Dolls use a basic knit glove to create the sweater, while a simple chain stitch scarf adds a new challenge and skill to any Pickle's crafting repertoire. Kits for the Sweater Friends Peg Dolls can be found in the Feeding Pickle Ltd shop here.
3. Roll back the base of the sweater and apply a bead of glue around the base of the peg doll body. Roll the sweater back over the glue and press in place at the base of the body. Excess “sweater” can be trimmed off at the base of the peg doll after gluing.
7. Chain stitch* (directions below) a 6 inch or 7 inch scarf from yarn, fastening off the end. Optional: braid yarn for a scarf.
8. Cut yarn tails on each end of scarf to 1” and fluff the ends like fringe.
10. Use crayons to make rosy cheeks and a pen to draw a smile.
3. Lift slip knot over the new loop on your finger and off the end of your finger. You have a new loop on your finger.
4. Adjust the yarn to tighten up the chain you created.
5. Repeat steps 3 through 5.
6. When chain is the desired length, cut yarn about 4" from finger and pull the yarn end through the loop on your finger, and pull snug to fasten.
Here's a video of the steps: